Saturday, July 19, 2008

was a fruitful day.

the japanese place at cathay was pretty novel. it was interesting to place orders by picking up the sticks. creative- makes normal meals interesting. glad to satisfy yet another craving- cold soba. and i got to eat my favourite chawanmushi and soft shell crab. feeling satisfied. thanks deb for the treat! :) unexpected visitor eh. good to catch up again. somethings dont change! haha.

i love these times of chats. no agenda, but just chat. i like.

also had some random bumpings into people. and just stop and talk. and derek. as he welcomes me back, i am waving him goodbye for US. haha.

service presented surprises too. was pleasantly surprised when i saw carrie co-leading praise and worship with meihwa. :)) great team effort! was ministering.

wenjiang preached today, from Psalms 25:16-18.

shall summarise what i've learnt.

Coping with Loneliness
  • 2 primary types of loneliness- Loneliness in relationships; Loneliness in cause.
  • Quantity of contact with people is not equivalent to the quality.
  1. Look to God for His grace (v16)
v16- Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.
  • When continually meeting the needs of others, have you neglected receiving from others?
  • or do you lack people giving Godly advice on what to do?
To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;

2 in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

3 No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse. - Psalms 25:1-3

  • Key: Acknowledge these needs that are within us! Be vulnerable about them to the Lord!
  • E.g King David was very aware of his needs.
  • 'Unless you go the Lord with a need, He cannot meet your needs.'
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. -Matthew 11:28

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."- Hebrews 13:5


Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.- James 4:8

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.-Galatians 6:9
  • Sometimes, loneliness is a call to go to the Lord.
For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help.- Psalms 72:12

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. -1 Peter 5:72.


2. Look to God for His help (v17)
v 17-The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish.
  • Compare: Worldly solutions and Godly solutions
  • What's your method of coping with loneliness? God? Man?
  • Acid Test: Who do we go to for our needs to be met?
3. Look to God for His salvation (v18)
v18- Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.
  • Among causes of loneliness, one of which is- sin
  • Sin causes us to withdraw from community
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. -Psalms 139:23-24


:)

the WOG is ever-rich, and a simple verse breathes life. :)

time to rest!

anw, random!- elva is on tv now! i rarely admire artistes. but she is one of them that i notice. though her voice's just so-so, she has a lovely attitude, pleasant disposition and i simply love her groove! :)


-segolssimi.

No comments: