Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Matthew 18 (The Message)
Whoever Becomes Simple Again

1 At about the same time, the disciples came to Jesus asking, "Who gets the highest rank in God's kingdom?"
2-5For an answer Jesus called over a child, whom he stood in the middle of the room, and said, "I'm telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you're not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God's kingdom. What's more, when you receive the childlike on my account, it's the same as receiving me.


the hour before i woke up, i have no idea why, but suddenly, i was exceptionally filled with the worries and complications of the world, about school. about people. about a whole lot of things. and even things that happened in the past before i know God, came back as brief flashbacks. and i wanted to escape by not waking up, and sleep in. sleep on, to avoid waking up to do work, and hoping i will fall asleep, so i won't let my mind manifest on the thoughts of things that happened in the past. and of cos, gave myself all reasons like i am sick and need more rest et cetera.

but i DO know that the root of all matter, is, i want to run away. so, pulled myself up, cleared my nose. and prayed. and was reminded of Matthew 18. and John 14:27.

desire to go back to square One. and be all simple and elemental in my life. to prevent myself from flowing to think that complicated thoughts means more efforts given into thinking. Also, He is the Prince of Peace. from the day i received Him into my life, the old has gone, and all is surrendered to Him. He has left His peace with me as a child of His, and He does not gives His peace like the world gives, so never let my heart be troubled, and never be afraid, for He is with me side by side.

always and forever. :)

amen.

No comments: