Tuesday, September 18, 2007

the song provoked some reminiscence.

thought through past glories, as defined by the world. some failures, as deemed by the world.

and indeed how true it is, how the trophies, can never be equivalent to the grace by which i stand in Him.

and how many times, have i directed the glory of successes to myself, and not Him.

and how many times, have i attributed the failures and weaknesses, to Him not lifting me up from the situations.

i am thankful that He has chosen to remain in me, even though many times He felt misunderstood by His people, even though many times, He could have easily felt unjustified of the circumstances thrown at Him. He doesn't need to bear those from us, and for us.

but still, because of His great Love for us, He still chose to.

thank You Father.

In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself
In battles won
For I've been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone, I overcome

Oh, I could stop and count successes
Like diamonds in my hands
But these trophies could not equal
To the grace, by which I stand

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory
In the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

In Christ alone will I glory
For only by His grace
I am redeemed
And only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness
To my need

Now I seek no greater honor
Than just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses
And to the glory of my Lord

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory
In the power of the cross

In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone...

In Christ Alone
-Michael English

No comments: