Sunday, September 02, 2007

had a good bus ride back.

God never fails to touch, and encourage.

before the bus ride, was humming a song, and this song hasnt been played in my mind for some time. but there and then, it became very familiar, and close to my heart.
"...everything's gonna be alright.
cos You are in my life,
and You will show me the way,
all of my troubles,
all of my life, I give You,
My King..."

a sharing on 89.9 came on. it was a Father's Day message. about Family. listened on. and suet's shoulder beside mine, warmly comforted me, as we quietly travelled through the journey.

John 14. and the pastor shared abt John 13's context. it was the time Jesus had to leave this world and go to the Father. and He chose this moment, to spend it with His closest people- His twelve disciples. He humbly washed His disciples' feet, served them, and when He was about to go, in Verse 34, He shared a new command,

"Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another..."

the preacher went on to share, that during this time, Jesus' pain was intense, cos He knew He had to leave for God's purpose. so, Jesus comforted His disciples in Chapter 14.

and that verse, spoke to me for the night. i cant help, but gave much thanks to the Father for His immense love within my heart. i was comforted.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going..."

God has prepared a mansion, not just a huge one, but one, that dwells in the Father's heart for His child.

live in a mansion, in His heart. and He has prepared a room, for His dear children.

i gave thanks to the Lord in between drips of tears, that indeed, He made us apples of His eyes, despite us unworthy of it. And the preacher went on to share that , you are just like little princes and princesses in His Kingdom.

and am deeply loved, by a King. it amazes my heart.

it stirred within my heart, as he went on to share about the chapter on Prov 13. about how the Father often desires His son to heed His heartbeat.

he shared about his marriage on the rocks 20plus years ago. how his wife nearly gave up on him, but knowing how God detest divorce, went into her prayer closet, and cried out to the Lord her hurts and pain.

and she prayed for God's intervention and for love to fill her husband's heart again.

and she shared to him, about her prayer, and that she believes in him, that he will be a good father, and a good husband, leading her in the example of Christ.

and with the support of a Godly wife, he was picked up once again by Him through her. and now, 20 plus years and counting.

there was overflowing of love; an abundance of grace and love, simply cos, they have invited Christ in this. Christ was in the family.

they had 3 lovely daughters. however, the youngest of the three suffered from the issues of bulimia and anoroxia for 12 long years, and her parents did not manage to pick that up. and when they finally did, the condition had turned serious.

the preacher went on to share the pain then, when he knew about it. he blamed himself. he questioned about himself, that in what position did he has, to teach others about Godly family dynamics, when he didnt even picked up that his own daughter was struggling all this while.

he went to her one day, bringing her close to him, and whispered:

"everything's going to be alright...Daddy is here."

she pushed him gently away, crying, and confused.

"everything's going to be alright...Daddy is here. Daddy is here with you..."

many times. He whispered gently. refusing to let go of her, and stayed with her, and overcomed it with her.

My Daddy,

I am in awe of You. of how You chose to pull me close to your chest and refusal to let me go. how You have time and time again, comforted me, and reminded me to listen to You, and Your heartbeat. how You have put me on Your lap, and reminded me that I'm loved by You, a King. and how You adore me despite my flaws and weaknesses, cos simply, i am made by You, and I am Your child. and You have loved me beyond these cracks that You see in me. I thank You, for the room that You have prepared in Heaven. and how You have assured me that we as Your children will enjoy this kinship and family in Heaven. and how, You will pick the bits and pieces of me up, and heal them in your unconditional, and eternal Love.

there is none like You. and i thank You, for the Love on Your chair, my Father. and how You have embraced me with Your warm and comforting arms, all over again.

thank you Daddy. i thank you.

No comments: