Tuesday, August 28, 2007

woke up from a short sleep. and cant get back again. no idea why.

feeling, was indescribable. weird? unsettled, maybe. prayed for the number to call.

and was reminded of this chapter. decided to read other versions as well.

Matthew 11: 25-30. Amplified Bible.
25At that time Jesus began to say, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth [and [a]I acknowledge openly and joyfully to Your honor], that You have hidden these things from the wise and clever and learned, and revealed them to babies [to the [b]childish, untaught, and unskilled].

26Yes, Father, [I praise You that] such was Your gracious will and good pleasure.

27All things have been entrusted and delivered to Me by My Father; and no one [
c]fully knows and [d]accurately understands the Son except the Father, and no one [e]fully knows and [f]accurately understands the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son [g]deliberately wills to make Him known.

28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will [
h]ease and relieve and [i]refresh [j]your souls.]

29Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest ([
k]relief and ease and refreshment and [l]recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.(A)

30For My yoke is wholesome (useful, [
m]good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

Probably its not v comparable to what the passage had described, in the note of heavy-ladened, over-burdened and such. just like the worship, prayed for Jesus to lift me higher. want to uplift everything to Him, cos sometimes, i dont know my heart condition very well too. and seriously, sometimes, i sit back and ponder, what will happen to me, if i had not found a friend in Jesus today.

i dunno, i really dunno.

what i appreciate about the Amplified Bible, is the clear meaning of certain words in the verses.

words that caught me were:
-babies [to the [b]childish, untaught, and unskilled].
-rest. [I will [h]ease and relieve and [i]refresh [j]your souls.]
-rest ([k]relief and ease and refreshment and [l]recreation and blessed quiet)
-gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart
-wholesome (useful, [m]good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant)

Father,

Today, I pray for child-like faith that's pleasing to you. Let me come before you, just like a baby to the parent, desiring nourishment and growth on a clean slate. Let me find rest in your dwelling. Grant me spirit of meekness and humility, and help me to understand from your lenses and not from my own understanding, that your yoke is wholesome; it is comfortable, pleasant. and most importantly, filled with thy grace.

Lord I want you more.

Amen.

No comments: