Monday, August 27, 2007

did our 40-day purpose discussion this morning for yesterday's chapter.

"..Christlikeness is all about transforming your character, not your personality.

God want you to develop the kind of character described in the beatitudes of Jesus, the fruit of the Spirit, Paul's great chapter on love, and Peter's list of the characteristics of an effective and productive life."

so Suet asked a question. which i thought was really good. what's the difference between personality and character? :)

what say you? :)

quite a bit spoke to me. for one, I have a fresh understanding, that God's ultimate goal for our life on earth is not comfort, but character development. Heaven is already the pure, sanctified and perfect place to be, so why settle for a man-made heaven on earth?

I recall a teaching about God has created us to enjoy life. now i finally got what it meant. enjoying life did not refer to enjoying the materialistic pleasures, and gratifications of life, but to enjoy His creations, where He has put us to be, and what He has called us to fulfill on earth.

and moving ahead of weaknesses. do the right thing in spite of your fears, feelings, and emotions. this is how we work with the Holy spirit, and thats when our character grows.

Obedience unlocks God's power. Trust that He will give you His very best!

the question to ponder after the chapter evoked some thoughts too. In what area of my life do i need to ask for the spirit's power to be like Christ today?

I thought about my resolutions for 2007. there was one thing that i desire to work towards to- Discipline. and i specified aspects of Discipline. and i thank God, as I run through the list, i experienced breakthroughs in particular ones. and of course, more hard work on the others.

but as i was sharing, i thank God for each experience He placed in my life. though some processes are hard to understand, and may be even painful, i know He wants the best for me. The experiences are not by coincidence, but by His plans, cos I know, He knows my heart the best. :)

No comments: