Friday, August 24, 2007

a good day out today.

the weather was exceedingly good at 17degrees. light sun and maybe a little breeze. i was thoroughly pleased at the decision to go out of the house to catch the sun a little bit.

city library was obscure. nevertheless, i thank God for the passers-by who assisted me in reaching my destination.

collected my library card. and cant wait to put it to some good use. checked out some cds, country songs and australian jazz.

basically, i just picked covers that looked pleasing to my eyes. :)) just want to hear the cds out.

and hahas, adding to the list a dvd documentary on australia's greatest cricketer, sir donald bradman. i know. i'm kinda off. once again, it was picked cos it looked pleasing to my eyes. :)

it goes. "In 1948, seventeen Australian cricketers set sail for england to defend cricket's ultimate prize, 'The Ashes'. they played six days a week for five months and did not lose a match. they were 'The Invincibles'."

i shall watch it during my long break tmr and see how good it is. :)

saw a book on organizing your life, and thought it felt like some CDS-alike material. sat down and browsed through it and gotten some nice stuff, which i kinda agree.

"..rather than willpower and discipline, Messies need focus."

i agree. its never usually the issue with willpower and discipline. is more likely getting first things first.

picked up another book that's filled with short stories. i like stories. short ones. but sadly, the content was not as good as i thought it will be.

What we talk about when we talk about love. the title that is, i think. i wasnt quite keen in reading on after just a chapter. it's filled with pretty much the negative side of love. the book made love seemed so hardgoing and tough.

but i cant fault that. prolly that's how many view love to be. it seems to suggest that love must have its ups and VERY downs before one can testify that he/she has loved before. but somehow, i disagree. i may be wrong about this, but yeah. that's what i think.

In 1 Corinthians 13, God spoke of what He defines of Love. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres..."

The words He used are absolute. it doesnt allow grey areas and inconsistency, and definitely not to just love when you 'feel like it'.

anw. shall drop it there. ventured around the perpendicular roads and finally saw some familiar buildings. did some big w and mini grocery shopping before i thought i officially closed my day.

had familiar nasi lemak for dinner and yes, it tasted slightly different, but pretty good. and of course, with the ever familiar style of english that was spoken in the background by the boss, i think.

i thought she was sporean. from JB instead. her tonation and choice of words does bring some degree of Home and familiarity to me. :) you really cant miss a singaporean. when you bump into one, it's usually obvious. :)

mountain. or rather hill, was nice. hadnt done this for quite some time. the moon and countless stars were in their places, close to one another. pretty, as some gently twinkles.

a nice overlook of the city as well. the kind of, so near, yet so far feel. you see the busyness somehow on the freeways, and the lights of the buildings, but you cant hear nor feel them.

which is good.

appreciated the sharings which reveals the heartbeat for loved ones. appreciated the level of openness and real-ness. always an encouragement to my soul when i hear of other's experiences.

it helps me make sense of my personal experiences as well. and does motivate me to be the salt and light in my family. that's the power of sharing and fellowshipping as His family. it brings about encouragement, naturally.

"Cause You know me,
You called me by name.
From the moment that You've touched my life,
I've been changed.

You found me,
and set me apart.
Now I'm reaching for my destiny,
This future You have planned for me.."

Into Your hands, i commit.

No comments: