Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I am back from an amazing trip from Pulau Pinang.

She is greatly missed. :)

Of course, there are many updates that i must put up to share about the really wonderful island. However, I shall kickstart the sharing with my deepest appreciation to 2 families besides Ms Pek and Mr Lim, who have taken care of us very much like their family when we were living there. :) feel so loved!

The Wong family.




And the Cheah family. :)


Notice the similarity? FOOODDDDD! hahas. we were fed well during our stay there. :))

Some photos on slideshow first. :)) more to come when time allows. :))

Random:

1. Going for Caregroup later! all excited! it's been 8 weekssss since i last joined them.

2. I have sent in my part time job application to my long lost kindergarten school teacher, who is now a principal of an enrichment centre! took quite some time to pray about this, and finally, found some courage to send her an email last night! and yes, shall await some positive reply, i hope. :)

The email goes....

"Dear Mrs Jessica Tan,

I am not sure if you remember me. :) I am Mingxiu, graduating soon from the School of Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy in Nanyang Polytechnic. I was once your student in Living Streams from Year 1990 till 1991 (that's many many years ago!). I chanced upon your education banner under my Block a couple of months ago. I noticed the banner on Special Education and it sparked off in me a keen interest to know more about your programmes.

I have just completed my 7 weeks Overseas Clinical Attachment in Penang. I was attached to the LIONS REACh (Resource and Education for Autistic Children, Penang), a voluntary welfare organisation, where I mainly worked with children with autism, age range from 2 years old to adolescents of age approximately 23 years old. My role over there is mainly to conduct therapy sessions that are more sensory integrative and play focused. However, I also participated in sessions that are social skills, self-help and behavioural modification-based.

This trip has helped me to develop a keen interest to work with children in a community-based rehabilitation setting. I was then reminded of your special school located in the heartland of Singapore, that provides services catered to children with special needs. :)

I am currently awaiting enrollment to a 1 year degree coversion program in La Trobe University, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy in mid July this year. Hence, I will like to humbly enquire if there is a vacancy for a part-timer in your special school, as an administrator, or as an assistant to the special education teachers from now till mid july? The main reason for this enquiry is to hope to have an opportunity to work with the children, and to learn more about the programmes provided in Jessin Special School. I sincerely hope that I can be given this opportunity to learn from your programmes, and in turn, I hope that I can serve the children enrolled in your special school from the little experience that I have, as much as possible.

I have visited your website and understand that your programme lasts for 20 weeks. I am willing to accept a position that will bring about minimal disruption to your programmes.

Attached is my CV. I am looking forward to contributing, and experiencing a fruitful time in your school.

Thank you very much for taking time to address this email, and hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,
Mingxiu"

:))

3. I went around some corners of Singapore on Mon and Tues to orientate myself back to my homeland. hahahs. Were great long walks. Bought a book at tecman when I passed by and sat by starbucks to digest the book. It's title? :)

"When You're Running on Empty" by Cindi McMenamin.

The first few chapters were already insightful. It emphasized that one should not just rest, and relax. That's a temporary fix.

One should Refuel during these resting times. Recharge and rejuvenate oneself through God and His Word. :)

Hence, the R & R that we commonly know? That's "Refuel" and "Rejuvenate". :)

1 comment:

reiruiz said...

R&R ==> rui & rui?

haha! just kidding. =p

great that you are back!!!