Friday, November 11, 2005

this was on my class blog. i tell u. i m v inspired by this man. really. tho' at times i do agree that we do see him as someone wif 'high authority' (like duhhh..i know. lecturer..no..wrong. it's manager who is managing lecturers somemore), he does make an effort to come down to our level.

n i still rem last fri, when me n zhen jus approached him in request he will open up the lecture theatre for the movie event we r holding. n wow.

bloody red streaks in his eyes. a bit pale. hair a bit not say v groomed. it was clear. he was physically tired.

n at once, me n zhen felt guilt. that we still had to trouble him with a puny thing like OPENING THE DOOR OF LT.

that was fr a near view. from far, he looked as chirpy n hua-bengish as usual.

he really nurtures. it touches me.


Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Reply.
I've previously emailed Hua Beng an e-card to thank him for taking time out of his busy schedule to attend our BBQ. As followed is the full reply from him:
* * *
Dear (my classmate's name),
I am pleased to be of service and thank you for the e-card. My presence at the BBQ was, in my opinion, a hindrance to the natural exuberance ofeveryone. Some melancholic people were hovering about at the edge (or were they hovering about with dread?) [read in a poetic manner].
It is getting challenging for me to try and decipher what drives students to achieve in their lives, how to motivate students to better themselves and be someone that their future patients will be proud to have met. Its getting harder to communicate with my students as I age and develop...
I hope all of you do not "fear" me. I do not judge and brand people as it goes against my values and my education. I sense in my students nowadays that they think what I think off them will .... (finish off the sentence). I give feedback as frankly (& often in my way). My only expectation is that all of you will be honest with yourselves and try hard to change little things in yourself as you move along in the OT course and eventually in your careers. Therapists must experience significant change in themselves before they can ever hope to facilitate change in others.
ANyway, here I go again... I can gain more feedback from all of you during the Japan trip.

Hua Beng
* * *
posted by pOmpy at
9:44 PM

No comments: