Friday, October 07, 2005

Know something? reading shuyi's blog always gives me a really different perspective. i really learn a lot fr her entries.

her entries have taught me to really integrate God's word into practice..to give serious thots to what He has spoken to me..and act it out.

great sis, great encouragement. :)

had cg today. led the theme on"how to stay motivated." hehs.

quite ironic actually..cos i can smell myself fizzling already..w all the stress n work in sch.

but tot God was really cute. He will always use the most unworthy person to impart His priceless truth.

n hence..i was the 'chosen' one to lead the girls.

unworthy..but by His grace, i m given the privilege to do so. thank u Lord. i m indeed blessed.

learning does not just come by thru listening..but by teaching as well. i've given my best today. n i really brought back a lot today too.

God really speaks when u desire to impart His truth, His words. Cindy msg-ed me once again to thank me for the night. guess what? her simple msgs always remind me tt it was all worth it.

to invest time in HIs kingdom..His people. it reaps. n cindy is one such fruit. :)

it's been a tough wk for me mentally. i jus cant tk my mind off the case. i really dunno how i can help..when the person's jus running away fr everything.

all i can do is to..p.r.a.y.

God, stir it in his heart. help him to put on ur lenses that Lord, he may come to understand u experience ur love in a different measure.

"pour my life to nourish others." yes Lord. i wan to live it out.

anyway, heres part of shuiyi's blog tt inspired me. hope it speaks to u as well. :)

Devotions entry: in quietness God whispers.
Kinda jumped out of my bed after my half consciously prayed prayer and dashed to the basin brushing my teeth with supersonic speed, in my head, going through the things I have to do next, today and telling myself, stop thinking about the things I did not do yesterday.Isaiah 30:15-1715
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. 16 You said, 'No, we will flee on horses.' Therefore you will flee! You said, 'We will ride off on swift horses.' Therefore your pursuers will be swift! 17 A thousand will flee at the threat of one; at the threat of five you will all flee away, till you are left like a flagstaff on a mountaintop, like a banner on a hill."
All these while, trying to tell myself to be still. I wonder why God likes stillness so much, that it is emphasized repeatedly in the bible. In Isaiah, there's a part where God asks us to be still and after that He shows us the outcome of those who aren't. Ah, not a nice outcome.And why can God be heard only in stillness.
Is it normal physics? Like if it's too noisy and one tries to speak, it gets muffled?Checking out Psalm 46. God is just so great, so good, that when we know it, we can't help but slow the pace of life down and gaze lovingly at Him. When you're so busy with so many things, where do you find the time to think about Him.But I really feel it is when your heart's at peace, you feel so blessed by Him, then whatever your hand touches, there's some kinda magic.
You know the times you find normally dreading and boring things fun to do? :)
Father, teach me how to be still. Just like Jesus commanded the storm, "Quiet! Be still" and it was still. Do the same to my soul and my heart.I did hear You whispering just now. ;)
God is so interesting! It's just like how You appeared to Elijah. Not in the wind, nor earthquake, nor fire, but, strangely and surely enough, in a gentle whisper. :)



No comments: