Friday, March 16, 2007

went down to nexus to put up the boards for the coming saturday's community service ministry! (:

it's Hope Centre's 10th Anniversary. So blessed 10th birthday Hope Centre (S)!

Saw Dorcas, and had a brief chat with her. In her last term now. Her baby is due next month! So excited for her! It's a girl!

Asked how is she coping with the pregnancy, she mentioned that it is painful for her almost every second. I was pretty taken aback, cos from her look and expression, and her coming down to help out in the setting up of the boards didn't reflect the "pain every second" part, really.

I was really amazed at how she coped with the pain. And it did not deter her to serve the Lord during this period of time as well. What she said captured my heart, about living a balanced life as a mother, and as well as appreciating the role of a mother.

It helped me to realise the efforts my mum put in for me, and the sacrifices she made for my life.

Its all about the love of a parent to the child. An unconditional love, which often is neglected and easily forgotten. (: It's great to have people like Dorcas to allow me to realign my appreciation for my loved ones, again.

No comments: