Saturday, January 05, 2008

to give a brief summary of the day. (:

today, there were 2 types of challenges, but exciting challenges for me.

had a time of evax at preston library, to invite the people in the neighbourhood for tomorrow's service. yes, thou evax is not unfamiliar, but i guess i am still feeling raw in sharing to locals. i am really glad that today i have an opportunity to see how logan share to one, and how the ice was broken fast and how readily she engaged in the conversation.

hence, #1 challenge for the day, was gearing myself up to be confident about my position in Christ beyond all barriers and share. it felt much more relaxing along the way thru the day, and i hope that one day, it becomes part of my blood to share readily to the locals. (:

and now for the second challenge. (: i have officially become tlp's understudy on how to take care of her pet chickens when they are all back in sing. and honestly, i can take care of them when they are in the coop. but... when they are out and roaming, man, i was telling suet i need to speak in tongues as i chase after them to catch them back in the coop.

and so today, i followed tlp, and had her giving me step by step tips in catching the chicken. ah, once again, its all about rapport, and the confident physical cues that you give the chicken as you hold them.

and praise the Lord, it was not that difficult afterall. in fact, it was pretty therapeutic squatting there to wait for an opportunity to stroke them. and interestingly too, squat at the chicken's level so that they may know you are wanting an interaction with them.

so #2 challenge for the day. catch the chickens. and it was mission accomplished, though it was a time of breathing tongues under my breath. hahaha.

indeed, what is deem easy task by some, may be difficult for some others. just like how natural tlp is with the chickens, it wasnt so for me. similarly, for striking decent conversations with strangers is not something i am naturally good at. but i guess the good stuff about everything is, Perfect Love drives out fear, and if He is made your motivation, nothing is too big to overcome.

so, these challenges shall remain in my prayers. practice makes perfect. (: just like with catching the chickens, i am sure sharing to anyone from any background will soon be so too. with the first baby steps taken today, i am positive it will only get better. (:

i know all He desires of me, is just willingness. like what "Use Me" by planetshakers sang, if He can use anything, He can use me. (:

"take my hands Lord, and my feet, Touch my heart Lord, speak through me. If you can use anything Lord, You can use me..." -"Use Me"

trust and believe. amen.

No comments: