Friday, January 11, 2008

God is good, all the time.

and most importantly, He hears me even when i thought He didn't.

just when i felt a little lost at what to do next, and all prepared to close my eyes and sleep, i was so glad to be prompted to just tell God what's within. though my thoughts were all over the place, i need not worry about how it will sound to Him, cos He already knew what's within me.

it was a short prayer. prayed for peace that transcends all understanding. prayed for things to fall into place, and finally, encourage me to walk in the way that brings Him delight. to be my cheerleader.

"do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.".

felt that my prayers didn't make sense, even to myself. but He understood me.

heard my phone just at this moment. it was 2am in the morning. it was a private number. beyond my imagination, it was jean ong huiling who called!

it really cracked me up on how she said she bought the phoenix calling card and thought of calling me last night. and blessed i was when she shared about how she too, is fasting for where God is going to lead her. blessed i was by God when we exchanged prayer needs. :) though we have no idea what's exactly on our mind at that moment, but i know He is the connector, and it felt really good to know that someone is praying for me too.

slept well, and rose early. couldnt sleep anymore and i thought it must be 10am. but i was well and alert at 7am in the morning. washed up and said a little prayer. turned on the comp and had Queen REGINA NG msn-ing me! :)

mind was just floooded with the scenes of how we went on friday nights to teach the hearing-impaired kids. updated me keenly about how the other volunteers were doing, and how our friends got together in her church recently after all the things that happened. and how hannah our coordinator is getting married this march. how she enrolled into bible college, and how my cousin replaced the position.

so blessed to see that all those who have perservered in their walk have received fruits of blessings. praise Him!

from God's Minute devotional today.

18 When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
your love, O LORD, supported me.

19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul
-Psalms 94:18-19.

just like what the poem in the devotional, there will be times in our Earthly life, when we are filled with doubts and fear, but always go to Him in prayer, and know that He is near..

i want to have a simple heart, of faith and peace, for His matters all over again.

:)

where He wants me to be, there i will be. amen.

No comments: