Thursday, January 03, 2008

thanks xuan for sending me a christmas card. it was indeed a pleasant surprise, and i wish you well too when you are going away from home soon. like u say, shall meet u up again when we both reach sg in jul.

07 came and went me by. a year of transitions and challenges. physically, spiritually and emotionally.

a year that demands trust of Him. of unseen faith. hence, a deeper relationship with Him.

07 started off with a sprint that left me breathless. the fyp things were sapping my energy and how delighted we were when we had the end product. it marked the end of my 3 yrs in OT school as well, and it finished off pleasantly with a clinicals in the beautiful island with wonderful children in pulau pinang.

the sprint slowed down and i caught breather. thereafter was a period of time of strengthening friendships and time with family. appreciate presence and time. spent time like never before with many and was a time i was making decisions of furthering my studies. trusted God in providence, and having Him to direct me in ministry and decisions in life. many times when foolishness overtakes my heart, i thank God for His Word, and shepherds to lead me to walk in line with His plans.

melbourne was a faith journey as well. start to see the possibilities of serving God in different dimensions. away from friends and family. but made new friends and new spiritual familiy. in all areas of my life, i felt stretched, in a different way. it was a time i became less mechanical and more of the heart.

i thank God for the preparation i have had in sg. it was all to prepare for what has in store for me when i came over. God knew.

not merely about skills, but about the sharpening of the mind, and about the heart as well. i thank God for what He has placed before me and around me. i want to continue to trust in Him, with greater hope and greater strength in His plans for me.

sometimes, i liken the current circumstances in my life to the erratic weather in melbourne. ever-changing, or a better word, it is dynamic. many times, i felt as though i have succumbed to the changing weather, the wrong gear for the weather. but i hope to think as well, it has helped me to work towards being aclimatised to the weather. being prepared in season and out of season. to be all ready in feeling, thinking and experiencing good regardless of what is out there. afterall, if He is in control within, why should i even bother to control what's out of me?

honestly, i feel helpless many times in many situations. mind and heart, sometimes, it felt as though it doesnt belong to me at all. and i guess, i have grieved God by this lack of discipline of the mind. i have learnt, and i will do better in this coming year. :)

i know i cant be a perfect person who can love all and be loved by all, but i have learnt from Him that i can be an imperfect sinner who is consumed by a perfect Love that loved all, and is loving all. and hence, even though imperfect, i have the potential to be a reflector of what is perfect. by His grace, amen.

08.

No comments: