Sunday, March 02, 2008

just a thought as i prayed.

often times, i was trying to rationalise that we get hurt the most by things/people that we treasure most. was figuring that it may be the deception of the devil to plant discouraging thoughts and disappointments within your life, as well as to sow discord.

and i was pretty satisfied with that 'rationalisation', cos in that way, the devil takes all the blame. in a way, its a passive agreement to that.

i was just very reminded of the word 'active'. to be a Christ-follower, it implied an active faith. to actively allow myself to be renewed. and actively partnering with Him for growth in our walk.

even for the lack of joy, the Scripture reminds, "You shall rejoice before the Lord Your God.."- Lev 23:40. How can we not rejoice before the One who gladdens life? it is an active step of ours. we need to partner with God.

"You shall have no other gods before me..." -Deut 5:6. i do have many such gods in my life, and i really want to work on changing. The little gods that i have been serving are especially worry and disappointment. i need to rid of and cast out these little idols!

I shall love the Lord my God with all my heart. -Deut 6:5. Let's say no to keeping corners of the heart reserved for the other little 'g's! a heart that is 100% for Him is always 100% joy-filled! that's my desire, and my commitment to actively grow in this area! be clear minded and simple hearted for Jesus! :)

and this verse touched my heart.
Psalms 116:6-7-
The Lord protects the simplehearted: when I was in great need, he saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.

No comments: