Saturday, May 06, 2006

:)

recollections.

sense of nostalgia.

or if nostalgia too sad, or negative a word..what about..calling them memories? :)

i was just looking through some old photos. and i really love the times i've had so far.

from how i started my schooling life in living water christian church as a K1 student, where i rem hilarious moments like the way i wrote the chinese word "qing wa" (frog)...hmm.. hahas.

to kheng cheng..i love my pri school times. really. it was a place where i grew, i made great friendships. a whole environment of learning in fun, joy and laughter. nurturing teachers, great friends..great buds. a teacher i will always remember and miss. yang lao shi! he is an important figure in my life. i dont think many people know that, but this dear old guy is fantastic. he taught me so much. his passion for art sparked off passion within me too. he created lots of opportunities for me to learn and grow in the area of art and chinese calli. i suppose, this tiny, and seemingly unimportant areas of my primary school life really built the foundation of positive self concept within me. its really an important seed, to have people believing in you. :)

and cedar! i adore cedar. i love the people. i love the teachers. i love the energy. i love the cheers!. i love the canteen's ru dan (egg). i love the around-school-jogs before recess time. i love training times. i love the stay-in-classroom-during-recess-time-and-try-to-eat-your-lunch-though-its-rule-breaking time. i love the long walk out from school down cedar ave to bus stop. endless. endless list to the loves.

of cos, it was a time when i was growing up..when i suppose i was quite a brat. when i was immature. a time where i made many silly decisions. :)

but it was also a place which nurtured an identity within me. a place where they instill confidence within you. they empower you. it's dynamic. and i'm really glad to be part of the cedarian fam.

then to aj. ah-ha. that's the place where learning became a bit of dread. can't blame. it's a pre-tertiary stage already. i remember being irritated at all those who preached to me that jc will be so many times better than sec sch. *stares. hahahas.

of cos, there were still things to bring back. great people, great class that i've had. the funny silly things the class did. mr yip's physics class. HAHAS! rem some of them were punished by having to have their desks facing the walls during class. jokers.

and strangely, it was the place and stop in my life where i came to know God. i really cant help but think it must..IT MUST be God's plan. you don't know how much i was banging to go to sajc before going aj. ask reg for the reasons. hahhas.

i never imagine myself coming to know God in this land. really. i planned to go sajc.. with one reason being to know more about Christianity, to experience the Christian fellowship, to find out more, to gain exposure to spirituality.

but no, i dont know what came over me. i decided to pull out and put aj instead. despite the many reasons why i should, i want, i desire to go sajc.

but there are many things which don't need a reason, isnt it? it just happens. :)

and i've never looked back since. this journey with God is so real and dear to me.. and having Him in my life made me move forward in life with a different kind of confidence.

and i reckon that's Faith. not a future that's based on tangibility...things like studies, leadership roles and everything. it's..hmm. just a drive, a focus that i know i never had before i knew Christ.

it's been amazing. the past 3 years were something i never forsee in my life when i was looking 20 years down the road when i was in my sec sch days. it was COMPLETELY off my plan. i never imagine life to take a turn in this direction at this lifestage. never. never. and never.

of cos, His ways are higher than my ways. and He knows what's the best for me.. and His plans are in place for me already.

everything in His time.. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol saturday delivery buy tramadol legit - buy online texas tramadol