Thursday, December 06, 2007

arcade-playing. vcd-watching. prayer-meeting. all-you-can-eat@sofias. praise and worship prac. CDS on basic doctrines. cherry-picking w church and friends. got a haircut. learning AboutHOPE. meeting elain. dumplings feast after cg. golfball hitting. some of the happenings for the past 2 weeks. those were the ups. :)

had some downs too. but am glad and relieved, that all is straightened out now. from the experiences, i've learnt much about my personal comfort zones and threshold of things. and i was reminded of an entry from dawn's blog before. and i went to read it again. thought that some parts of that particular entry spoke to me. indeed, some i've learnt, some, learning in process.

i thank God that He is a gracious God. and i thank God for Christ-loving people who gave me grace as well, during times that i was undeserving.

so, a partial excerpt from the blog goes like this:

I've learned that-:

you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.


I've learned that it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do. but to the best you can do.


I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I've learned that it's a lot easier to react than it is to think.

I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words.

I've learned that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I've learned that learning to forgive takes practice.

I've learned that there are people who love you dearly, but just don't know how to show it.

I've learned that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I've learned that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I've learned that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down will be the ones to help you get back up.

I've learned that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I've learned that true friendship continues grow even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I've learned that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I've learned that no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I've learned that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I've learned that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.

I've learned that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find strength to help.

so, what have you learned?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice entry =)Really showed me what I hv learnt but nv realised at times...

btw, the Mel eXpress paper booth with u inside is so cute! haha

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.